AMOLIFESCIENCE nanofiber technology is a patented, hybrid electrospinning process. The echnology is based upon the discovery, that it is possible to create more longer and thinner of fiber length and diameter than other electrospinning methods, respectively.
– Key Features of Nanofibers
- Fiber diameter ranges – 100~600 nm (av. 200nm)
- Low density of nanofibers
- Large specific surface area of nanofibers
- Small pore size (3-D open pore structures)
- High porosity – good breathability
- Excellent mechanical properties in proportion to weight
- Possibility to incorporate different additives
PVDF Nanofiber Membranes
The western blot (protein immuno blot) is an analytical technique used to detect specific proteins uses gel electrophoresis to separate native proteins by 3-D structure or denatured proteins by the length of the polypeptide. AMOLIFESCIENCE PVDF Nanofiber-based membrane is ideal for western blots: it retains target protein very strongly during protein transfer but also reduces nonspecific protein binding that can obscure very high-sensitivity detection. All blotting PVDF nanofiber membranes are sold in rolls and precut sheets to fit User’s Blotting equipment.
- Mechanical strength and chemical resistance provide ideal substrate for solvents involved in protein sequencing
- Naturally hydrophobic support is ideal for western blotting because it ensures high signal with low background
- Transferring proteins from SDS-PAGE gels to membrane
- Immunoblotting target proteins
- Detection by western blotting chemiluminescent or colorimetric methods
- Peptide mapping and sequencing, Amino acid analysis, Dot/Slot blots, etc.
– Packing Options
– Commercial membrane vs. AMO Nanofiber membrane
– AMO E-spun Nanofiber membrane is “more 4 times sensitive” than commercial membrane.